We’re Structural Engineering Specialists
Cornell Engineers is a modern, proactive structural engineering consultancy serving Queensland from our office in Hendra, Brisbane.
We are a team of professional consulting structural engineers specialising in structural engineering for residential, commercial and industrial projects up to four storeys.
We have more than 20 years of experience in residential, health, aged care, insurance, industrial, mine structures, retail and commercial structures.
Contact us today to get us working on your next project.
Who Do We Provide Engineering For?
Our clients include:
- Building designers
- Insurance companies
- Government departments
Got a problem you need help with? Contact Us today.
What Sets us Apart?
Integrity. Structural integrity if you like.
Our graduate engineers and drafter work closely, within earshot, within sight and within asking questions distance of our RPEQ director, Matt Cornell.
We’re all in the same office.
When we design and draft a job, we think carefully about how it will be ordered, built and assembled. Then we prepare drawings with details that are drawn specific to your project, to scale and with descriptions that are easy to understand.
When we inspect a building that isn’t performing, we’ll often send 2 engineers (yes real engineers) to inspect everything because two sets of eyes are better than one.
Then we prepare reports that explain what we saw, whether it complies and how to make it work better. Our reports are written in plain English so they are easy to understand.
We answer your questions honestly (and with integrity) and if we need to, we will go to court or QCAT and back up our recommendations.
Best of all our reports are signed by Matt Cornell, our RPEQ director because the reports are authored and backed by his experience.
Plus, when we sign off on construction, it’s because we physically attended the site, inspected the work in person and can show you a handwritten inspection report for each site visit.
That’s what sets us apart.
When Does A Structural Engineer Get Involved in the House Design Process?
A Little Bit About Cornell Engineers
Cornell Engineers was established in 2003. Our mission is to provide excellent value structural engineering to everyone who needs honest, straightforward, plain-talking engineering assistance.
We’ve got an awesome team ready to help including structural engineers Matt, Jed and Jenny along with Karla our Administration assistant.
We are registered for GST as Matthew Cornell Pty Ltd (ABN 71 105 354 327). Our business name is Cornell Engineers.
We have worked throughout Queensland and New South Wales and you can see our work in:
- Brisbane, QLD
- Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Gold Coast, QLD
- Mackay, QLD
- Emerald, QLD
- Hamilton Island, QLD
- Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Townsville, QLD
- Proserpine, QLD
- Sydney, NSW
- Yamba, NSW
- Moranbah, QLD
- Airlie Beach, QLD
- Newcastle, NSW
Our Structural Engineering Services
Our structural engineering services include:
- Engineering design, drafting and Form 15 certification of houses and homes including:
- new houses and residential units up to four storeys; and
- house extensions, house raises, house renovations, and alterations.
- Commercial structures including offices, shopping centres, libraries, suspended slabs and mezzanine floors. We design and Form 15 certify new buildings, extensions and upgrades.
- Industrial structures such as sheds, warehouses, workshops, depots and sheds with gantry cranes and jib cranes.
- Education buildings including school halls, learning centres and classrooms.
- Council buildings including new council depots, alterations and repairs to community halls and council service centres.
- Healthcare buildings including alterations, extensions and repairs to hospitals and medical centres.
- Sustainable design solutions that suit modern materials and our local environment.
- Insurance inspections and reports on residential damage and failures including damage assessments, water ingress, condition audits, slab heave reports and drilling and coring.
- Construction phase inspections and Form 16 certification of construction work for any of our designs and/or on behalf of out-of-town structural engineers.
- Recommendations and specifications for house repairs and rebuilding including forensic engineering investigations.
Why You’ll Love Cornell Engineers
You’ll love Cornell Engineers because:
- We are Registered Professional Engineers in Queensland (RPEQ). We carry current Professional Indemnity insurance and we care!
- You’ll benefit from our experience and local knowledge. Our designs and reports are easy to use and easy to build from.
- We use modern communication technology so you can easily contact us when and how you need to. Contact us via video conferencing, email, telephone or in-person communications to suit your preference.
- We offer fast turn-around times as standard on all of our projects so that your project can accelerate through the design phase and into the construction phase.
- We respond quickly to construction queries so that your builder can keep working.
- We’ll keep your family safe with exceptional structural engineering.
See for yourself!
What is Value Engineering?
Value isn’t always the cheapest price for structural engineering.
Value engineering is:
- a comprehensive set of drawings that are easy to understand and easy to build from.
- prompt after-sale service that backs up the initial design.
- knowledge of local building practices and product availability communicated openly and honestly.
So don’t be fooled by a cheap price for engineering designs and reports. We put a lot of thought and time and experience into our designs and reports. We make our thoughts and requirements super-clear so there is no doubt what we want and why we want it.
The benefit that our value-engineering gives you is
- peace of mind that we have thought your project through.
- clear drawings and reports that are thorough and easy to use.
- concise and site specific information that will end up saving you money.
Why Choose Us
- We work hard to make sure your project runs smoothly.
- We answer the phone after hours to make it easier for you to speak us; and
- We answer your questions about our drawings and reports for no extra charge to make sure you understand the engineering requirements.
Get a Quote today!
Just wanted to thank you again, Matthew, for your wonderful advice on our cracked brick issue – we’re buying our first house and were pretty anxious once the building inspector pointed out the cracked bricks!!!
I did ring around a few companies but you were the only one prepared to talk to me about the issue rather than just jumping straight into panic mode, so thank you.
I felt absolutely confident in your advice and you were so generous with your time…
We will definitely be coming back if we have further issues down the track and will recommend you to everyone!
I cannot rate your company highly enough.
We’re Structural Engineers
We welcome you to choose us as the structural engineer for your next project.
We’re super keen to help!!
We are Cornell Engineers. We’re structural engineers offering first-class structural engineering to Queensland and New South Wales from our office in Brisbane.