We are structural engineers with a passion for residential construction.
We’ve been helping Queenslanders build, renovate and repair their homes since 2003.
We specialise in friendly, personal service and high quality professional structural engineering designs and certification for the residential home industry.
How can we help you today?
- Structural engineering and Form 15 certification for new homes, renovations, decks, retaining walls and extensions.
- Timely construction phase inspections and Form 16 certification.
- Quick response and intuitive solutions to site problems.
How we Work with Building Designers and Architects
- Quick turnaround on structural engineering to make you look good.
- Availability during construction to answer questions to solve unforeseen problems.
- A referral service to keep us both busy!
How We Can Help Homeowners
- Review your existing buildings for strength or to check its potential to be extended.
- Inspect and prepare reports on how to repair cracked or damaged buildings.
- Design and draw easy to read plans for new structures, alterations and house extensions so you can get quotes from builders.
- Inspect your building and provide honest advice so you can make informed decisions.
Summary of Our Services
- Arrange soil tests from soil testers that we know and trust.
- Design and Form 15 certify new homes and renovations in Queensland.
- Independent peer reviews of engineering designs by other engineering companies.
- Raft footings and slab designs for new houses.
- Design and certification of
- Retaining walls
- Steel columns
- Timber posts
- Floor beams
- Wall framing
- Roof framing and roof tie-down.
- Driveway slabs, carports and pathways.
- Advice and repairs for structural cracks and damage found in pre-purchase building reports.
- Emergency response assessment of fire-damaged and impact damaged buildings.
- Insurance inspections and forensic damage inspections.
- Engineering for accessibility upgrades like lifts, ramps, and covered walkways.
How We Help Commercial Builders
For commercial builders, we offer the following services:
- Dilapidation surveys and condition surveys prior to commencement of construction.
- Inspection of commercial offices and industrial buildings during construction
- Design and specification of workshops, sheds, offices, warehouses and concrete pavements.
- Design and specification of coal mining structures including conveyor gantries, lifting beams, walkways and major plant upgrades.
- Fibrecrete slabs and suspended slabs.
- Reinforced concrete footings, ground slabs, pavements, suspended slabs and fibrecrete slabs.
- Timber floor frames, wall frames and roof members.
- Concrete masonry walls and retaining walls.
- Steel portal frames.
- Formwork inspections and pre-pour inspections.
- Specifications for fixing:
- Spalled concrete.
- Corroded reinforcement.
- Damaged shed frames.
- Overloaded slabs.
Rectification and Repairs
We are structural engineers with experience in diagnosing problems in buildings and preparing plans for repairs.
- Cracks and damage to buildings.
- Subsidence and slab heave.
- Retaining walls and apron slabs.
- Checking decks and external structures.