Start your career in our Hendra 4011 office and progress to hybrid work/work from home once you have gained some experience, you’ll be working full time on learning and adding some technical design projects to your resume.
We work with AutoCad, SpaceGass, MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook and our messaging program Slack every day so you need to be good with computers (don’t worry, you don’t have to be a programmer!).
You’ll have good grades in your Bachelor of Engineering Civil degree, an analytical mind, a thirst for knowledge, an understanding of workplace health and safety and an appreciation of customer service.
Some experience on construction sites (perhaps during work experience) will position you in good stead because we need you to do inspections from time to time.
In return, we will channel you through your structural engineer career progression system, introduce you to our clients, show you how to do site inspections, structural engineering designs, drawings and reviews as you progress towards becoming a clever, smart, honest RPEQ and chartered structural engineer.
If you would like to find out more about Cornell Engineers, please check out our website, Instagram and Youtube. We’re a modern, proactive structural engineering consultancy and we’re the perfect place for you to build a structural engineering career.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Zero to three years of experience in a residential and/or commercial engineering consultancy
- The ability to work independently and within a team depending on the project
- Experience with SpaceGass including 3d design would be advantageous
- Ability to carry out site inspections as required and provide clear advice to builders, homeowners and loss adjusters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to produce concise and well-considered reports with minimal supervision
- AutoCAD experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Keen learner;
- Lateral thinker
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Structural engineering design using Australian standards and design manuals
- Liaising with clients and customers
- Site inspections
- Report writing
- Assessing existing buildings and preparing reports on their maintenance and repair.
- Salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive team
Only cover letters, resumes and university results emailed to email@example.com will be considered. We will not be accepting applications through or from recruitment companies.