For more than 18 years we’ve been providing real structural engineering solutions to real people and real buildings.
WE’RE SO BUSY WE NEED YOUR HELP
This job is for you if you want to develop your skills, grow your appreciation for good structural engineering, make a contribution to our society, help people, do REAL engineering and get hands-on with timber, concrete, steel and masonry structures.
Our current work includes jobs in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Mackay, Cairns, Newcastle. If you like travelling and earning FF points on the job then you’ll love it here.
Day to day life is exciting at Cornell Engineers. Today you could be designing a new home, tomorrow you could be fixing a flood-ravaged home.
Like solving problems? You’ll love our forensic engineering insurance jobs where you play detective and solve the riddle. All under the guidance of our experienced engineering manager.
Want some industrial experience? We’ll teach you to design pavements, steel buildings, warehouses, and refuelling pads.
Just want to feel the love from your employer? How about a permanent jar of snakes (a self-serve feast of yummy snake lollies), flexible hours and the chance to set your own direction.
This job is not for everyone. In fact, 9 out of 10 applicants don’t even have the skill and self-motivation we need.
You will be a self-starter, a motivated yet friendly structural engineer. if you have between 2 and ten years of experience in an Australian consulting engineering environment, let’s talk!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing engineering design calculations
- Preparing hand sketches and AutoCAD drawings
- Inspecting buildings during construction
- Assessing existing buildings and preparing reports on damage causation and how they can be repaired or improved
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (YOU MUST HAVE)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- RPEQ status advantageous
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Sound knowledge of Australian design codes and manuals and local practices
- Good AutoCAD Lt skills
- Some SpaceGass skills (experience in 3d analysis of structures would be handy)
- Strong ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment to ensure punctual and successful project delivery
- Currently residing in South East Queensland
- Permanent / full working rights in Australia
- Current driver’s licence
- Ability to work in a team
Email your cover letter and CV in PDF format to email@example.com.
To stand out from your competitors, tell us how you exceed our criteria.
We’re keen to save you from getting lost in the labyrinth of some big, life-sucking engineering corporation where they are more interested in charging you out and less interested in developing your skills. Are you ready to save yourself?
Please note that we invite you to apply again if you have applied to work at Cornell Engineers previously.